07 June 2010

في مصر

Okay, so I have been swamped and haven't been able to write anything or post any pictures.  Rest assured, those of you who care, I have been taking plenty of pictures and have been exploring the beautiful city of Alexandria.  The weekends here are Friday and Saturday, so on Friday when I have some free time, in shaa' Allah, I will post a much more updated entry and will attempt it in Arabic (I will also translate it into English).  Here's what has happened so far
  • I did pre-departure orientation in Washington D.C. and ran into my old friend Andrea Herbin from Indiana U.  We went to a pub then walked around the city.  Pati, I'm sorry you weren't there :(
  • Flew to Frankfurt then to Cairo and visited the Embassy for a security brief and crap
  • Made it to Alex, moved into my apartment, and it has been a blur of classes and Arabic and wild taxi rides and dangerous dives across the Highway Cornish.  
It's been great so far.  Pictures to come soon, in shaa' Allah.  Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers