27 June 2010

حأكون دائماً مشغول زي دلوقتي؟

So I hadn't anticipated both the lack of sufficiently fast internet and the consistently demanding amount of work over the past few weeks.  I have so much to write about and yet again not enough time to translate it into Arabic or post most of the pictures.  However, I have good news: I now have internet in my own apartment, and additionally, I found and awesome and cheap internet cafe across the street.  So in sha2 Allah, I will post most if not all of my pictures tonight. 



So here's what has happened thusfar:
  • I've been studying like crazy and have been incredibly overworked
  • We visited Siwa oasis the weekend before this--so a week ago--and it was beautiful and amazing and so fun (I will write an entry specifically about this trip)
  • My Arabic has made incredible leaps and bounds, and I am so surpised and pleased with the various tasks I can complete and the interesting conversations I've had with strangers I've met (I'll write another entry about some of these--particularly with the khudari, the soldier, and the civil engineer)
  • My friends and I here visited Cairo this past weekend--so yesterday and the day before--and I saw all the cliche tourist spots--Giza, Saqara, etc.--and some not so well known. Also a lot of museums. A third entry will follow detailing this trip.
Also, there will be pictures katir.  I have taken--I think--nearly 400, so bear with me.  Until then, I have more work to do, but tonight I will do my best to write up some of these entries and post some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers